From our Beliefs in our Statement of Faith, flow our Vision, Mission and Values:
Having been united in Christ by God into one family and kingdom, Eastside Community Church exists as His people to glorify God and honor Him.
Becoming an oasis on Beach Boulevard for all people, a multi-cultural ministry.
Inviting all to know Christ, and to make Him known.
Values as follows:
- Gospel of Christ’s Kingdom – Grace and Truth Defined, God has communicated the truth of the Gospel of His Kingdom to the world through His perfect Word. It is therefore our value to submit to His Word and to speak, live, defend and share His truth, being examples of the Grace and Truth of Christ in all facets of this life. (John 1:17, 14:6; Ephesians 4:15; Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Tim. 3:14-15; 2 Tim. 2:14-17, 3:16-4:2; Titus 2:1, 15; Hebrews 4:12; James 4:7; 1 Peter 1:22-25, 3:15-16)
- Dependent Prayer – Grace and Truth Communed, God has told us that apart from Him we can do nothing. It is therefore our value to actively, intentionally and humbly depend on Him in all circumstances through fervent and frequent prayer both corporately and individually. (Psalm 63, 127; John 15:1-5; Romans 8:26; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Redemptive Community – Grace and Truth Experienced, God has called us to live and serve as one Body in Christ, the church. It is therefore our value to live and serve in a unified, loving community with other followers of Christ and to actively engage the greater community around us. Redemptive community is marked by genuine love, honest relationships, willing self-sacrifice, authentic caring, warm hospitality, Christ-centered fellowship, and compassionate outreach. (Romans 12:4-5; 1 Corinthians 12:4-27; Ephesians 4:1-6; Revelation 5:9)
- Purposeful Equipping – Grace and Truth Learned, God has supplied faith-producing truth and spiritual gifts to His people to equip them for service. It is therefore our value to join in God’s work by intentionally helping the believers in our body use their spiritual gifts and strengthen their faith for the work of the Kingdom. (Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Faithful Shepherding – Grace and Truth Nurtured, God has called leaders in His church to faithfully shepherd the flock entrusted to them. It is therefore our value to encourage and embody leadership that joyfully serves, humbly leads, graciously guides, patiently grows, boldly protects and lovingly corrects the flock. Likewise, we will intentionally focus on the multiplication of faithful shepherds for the church’s long term health. (Proverbs 11:14; Luke 22:26, 27; John 10:11-16; Hebrews 13:17, 18; 1 Peter 5:1-5; 2 Tim 2:15; Titus 1:6-9)
- Strategic Missions – Grace and Truth Shared, God has commissioned us to be ambassadors to make disciples by the proclamation of the Gospel of His Kingdom. It is therefore our value to obey His Great Commission both locally and globally, by strategically sending, supporting and sustaining each member for the spread of the Gospel. (Isaiah 45:4-6; Matthew 5:13-16, 24:14, 28:18-20; John 17:18; Acts 1:6-8; Romans 10:13-15; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21)